Hearing Instrument Specialist

« Back to Glossary Index

Hearing instrument specialists are qualified to fit and adjust hearing aids and recognize problems requiring referral to an audiologist or physician.

A Hearing Instrument Specialist is licensed by the state.

Two types of professionals are authorized to measure hearing loss and fit and dispense hearing aids in the United States: audiologists and Hearing Instrument Specialists

Other titles include Hearing Aid Specialist or Hearing Aid Dispenser.

« Back to Glossary Index